Floodplain Management Ordinance
ARTICLE VII – CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE
No land in a special flood hazard area shall be occupied or used and no structure which is constructed or substantially improved shall be occupied until a Certificate of Compliance is issued by the Planning Board subject to the following provisions:
- A. For New Construction or Substantial Improvement of any elevated structure the applicant shall submit to the Planning Board, an Elevation Certificate completed by a Professional Land Surveyor, registered professional engineer, or architect, for compliance with Article VI, paragraphs F, G, or H.
- B. The applicant shall submit written notification to the Planning Board that the development is complete and complies with the provisions of this ordinance.
- C. Within 10 working days, the Planning Board shall:
- review the Elevation Certificate and the applicant’s written notification; and,
- upon determination that the development conforms with the provisions of this ordinance, shall issue a Certificate of Compliance.